Athens voters go to the polls Tuesday to decide on a 1 percent sales tax for transportation and (for some) to elect a new state representative.
Be aware that a few polling places have changed:
• East Athens Baptist Church is now Gaines Elementary School.
• Barnett Shoals Elementary is now Whit Davis Elementary.
• The former Clarke County School District headquarters on Mitchell Bridge Road is now Georgia Square Mall, upstairs near Sears.
• Timothy Baptist Church is now Timothy Road Elementary.
• Oglethorpe Elementary is now Whitehead Road Elementary.
Polls will be open from 7 a.m.–7 p.m. Visit the Georgia Secretary of State's My Voter Page for more information on precincts and which House district you’re in. And check out Flagpole's news section to catch up on articles about the races.