We all have different skills in this life, and cooking is not among them for everyone. If you are looking to have someone else shoulder the burden of Thanksgiving, here are some options for you. We'll update this list as we hear more, so keep checking back.
- Bob's Small Town Grille, in Royston, is cooking turkey, ham, creamed corn, mashed potatoes and gravy, green beans, mac and cheese, squash casserole, sweet potatoes, dressing, cranberry sauce and dessert. You can also pre-order for pick-up and take-home, or you can eat family-style in the restaurant and enjoy some football. $22.95 for adults; $17.95 for 12-15 year olds; $12.95 5-11 year olds; free for ages 4 and under. Call 706-245-5255 for reservations.
- Cabin Creek BBQ is serving smoked turkey, honey-glazed ham, cornbread dressing, roast pork, butter peas, greens, squash casserole, sweet potato souffle, rutabagas, peas and carrots, fried okra, green beans, mashed potatoes, corn, a ton of salads and every kind of dessert possible from 11 a.m.–2 p.m. for $11.95 per person. You can also order pick-up mains and sides by Saturday for pick-up on Wednesday. Call 678-283-4990 or 706-202-4940 for more info.
- Mama's Boy is open for Thanksgiving lunch and taking reservations at 706-548-6249.
- Big City Bread Cafe is taking orders for pumpkin pie, bourbon pecan pie, Dutch apple tart, pear almond frangipane tart, pumpkin bread, pull-apart rolls, savory sides and dessert trays as long as you call 706-353-0029 by Monday.
- Catch 22 Gastropub is doing desserts (including bourbon pecan pie). Call 706-549-6333 and make sure your order is in 48 hours in advance.
- Chonell's will cook your entire feast, turkey and all, and you can pick it up Thursday morning, provided you place your order by Monday. Call 706-549-2114 for more info.
- Donderos' Kitchen would have you fill out its Excel spreadsheet by Monday (tomorrow to guarantee a turkey) to order such items as turkey (whole or breast only), herbed dressing with sausage, vegetarian cornbread and pecan dressing, sweet potatoes, green bean casserole, mashed potatoes, mashed rutabaga, sweet and sour red cabbage, caramelized brussels sprouts, red wine gravy, cranberry sauce and pies. Pick up Tuesday or Wednesday. Return forms to email@example.com and call 706-354-8688 with questions.
- Fooks Foods will most likely have fresh clams, oysters and fish available on Tuesday, plus Chinese roast duck arriving Wednesday (pre-order by Tuesday).
- Harry's BBQ (formerly Harry's Pig Shop) is offering smoked turkey or pork butts plus sides. Call 706-612-9219 for prices and deadlines.
- Heirloom Café and Fresh Market is offering sides and desserts for pick-up Tuesday or Wednesday; orders are due Saturday at 10 p.m. and can be placed with a handy online form.
- home.made is doing gurr-geous sides if you order as late as Tuesday, plus biscuits and cranberry pepper jelly. Call 706-
- 706-850-1580 or Ike.firstname.lastname@example.org.
pies (local pecan, local chocolate pecan, apple, pumpkin and buttermilk) for $15-$18. Order by Monday; pick up on Tuesday.
- Lindsey's Culinary Market has a printable order form on its Facebook page that lets you put together your own feast, from turkey to congealed salad to dessert for pick-up Wednesday. Call
706-353-0558 with questions.
- The National will let you order Kristen Bradford's pies (deep-dish golden apple, pumpkin spice, bourbon pecan, chocolate pecan or Key lime) for $20 ($5 extra for a gluten-free crust) by calling 706-549-3450 or emailing email@example.com.
- Pulaski Heights BBQ will provide you with a whole smoked turkey, dressing, two sides, cranberry sauce and gravy for $80 or just a turkey for $40. Orders are due tomorrow (Nov. 21). Call 706-583-9600.
- Rooter's Grocery & Barbecue is doing turkeys, hams and sides for pick-up as late as Wednesday. Call 706-207-5668 for more info.
- Shiraz Fine Wine and Gourmet has some different options from most places, with 12 oz crawfish pot pies, New England clam chowder (plus savory saltine seasoning to season oyster crackers), Watch House oysters (unshucked), Louisiana oysters (shucked), Georgia pecan-smoked trout and ciabatta from Independent Baking Co. Place your order by Monday at 5 p.m. for pick-up starting the following day at 11 a.m. Call 706-208-0010 for pricing and details.
- Square One Fish Co. (yes, really) is offering plates of apple and rosemary stuffed boneless pork loin or boneless turkey breast, sliced and topped with gravy; bread; collards; mashed sweet potatoes; and grits pie, for $20 per person, to pick up Wednesday. Call 706-353-8862 and ask for Erica, Katey, Joe or Sean.
- White Tiger Gourmet has a menu of smoked or fried turkey ($50), apple crisp ($35), green bean casserole ($35), stuffing ($35) and mac and cheese ($35), each of which will feed 10-12 people. Place your order by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Classic City Chef is nice enough not even to make you leave the house. If you place your order today (Nov. 20) from the online menu, which features turkey, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, scalloped potatoes, broccoli, several variants on squash, dressing, stuffing, casseroles, rolls and desserts, Mickey Wickwire and his team will deliver to your door on Wednesday for $25. Call 706-714-6090.